Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered for graduate-level work towards a degree in education at a college or university.
- Have at least two years of successful classroom teaching experience.
- Be a member of the PSLA. Be an active member of a local reading council for at least two years.
To apply, submit the following, by December 1st of this school year.:
1) A completed copy of the official PSLA scholarship application form,
2) Three letters of recommendation from:
- The applicant’s present employer (Add to attachment area)
- A past or present professor (Add to attachment area)
- A local PSLA council member (Add to attachment area)
3). A one-page response to the application prompt (Why do you want an advanced education degree? What are your plans after you complete your degree?) (Add to attachment area)
Please note that scholarship application and/or letters of recommendation must show evidence of membership in PSLA, academic potential, and success as a classroom teacher.
The recipient will be awarded a two thousand dollar ($2,000) scholarship. A check for the scholarship amount will be made payable to both the recipient and his or her college or university.
A recipient may reapply for a second year if need and satisfactory performance are demonstrated. A recipient may not apply for a third year.