In an effort to actively involve school and district administrators in the advancement of literacy, each local reading council in good standing with PSLA and ILA is eligible to nominate one school administrator for the PSLA Distinguished Literacy Administrator of the Year Award.
- A school may submit one name and a brief description of the administrator’s role in the advancement of literacy in their school and council. Submit to the local council’s president by November 1.
- The administrator must be a member of PSLA by October 31.
- The local president will form a committee that will choose one administrator from the nominations to represent the COUNCIL at the state level.
- The local president will complete and submit the application of the nominee electronically by November 15.
- The Chairperson of the Distinguished Literacy Administrator of the Year Award and a committee representative of the state will choose one administrator to receive the award.
- All finalists will be recognized and honored for their accomplishments.