In an effort to identify and recognize individuals and/or groups active in the advancement of literacy in our local communities or at the state level, each local reading council in good standing with PSLA and ILA is eligible to nominate one individual and/or group for the PSLA Literacy Partner Award.
The award process is as follows:
- The local council president or representative of the council will promote the Literacy Partner Award.
- Any member may submit an individual and/or group and a description of the individual/group’s role in the advancement of literacy in their community or in the state. The nominations should be sent to the council’s president by November 15.
- The local president will form a committee that will choose one individual/group from the nominations to represent the COUNCIL at the state level.
- The local president will forward the name of the council’s nominee to the Chairperson of the Literacy Partner Award Committee by December 1. (Local Council Presidents should email the chairperson to make sure the nomination was received.)
- The Chairperson of the Literacy Partner Award Committee and a committee representative of the state will choose one individual/group to receive the state award. All councils and the nominees will be notified of the status of their nomination. The winner and nominees will be recognized and honored.