Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior graduating from this school.
- Be a resident of the state of South Carolina.
- Plan to pursue a degree in education from a college or university in South Carolina.
- Be the son or daughter of a current member OR a student member of PSLA.
To apply, submit the following by March 1st:
1) A completed online PSLA Sylvia P. Swinton High School Student Scholarship Application form
2) A complete high school transcript through December of this school year (send via e-script, if possible, -OR- a scanned transcript that is uploaded as an attachment. The official transcript seal must be visible.)
3) A letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (Add to attachment area.)
4) A typed personal statement expressing why you wish to pursue an education degree and are worthy of this scholarship (not to exceed one page). Add to attachment area.
-All persons used as references will be contacted to acknowledge and thank them for their contribution to your PSLA scholarship application.
The recipient will be awarded a two thousand dollar ($2,000) scholarship for the fall semester of higher education coursework.
A check for the scholarship amount will be made payable to both the recipient and his/her college or university.